Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kirsty Woods stuffed tights in her mouth and tied herself up to fake attack

So this woman tied herself up, which police concluded was possible after one of thier own managed to tie herself up the same way.

The young man's chosen career has been ruined, and he spent 3 months waiting to find out if he was going to be prosecuted, and has suffered health problems.

She has a history of mental problems, and will go back to a mental facility for treatment.

The only plus side to this story, is that the falsely accused wasn't named.

Kirsty Woods, stuffed tights in her mouth and tied herself up to fake attack.

A woman had consensual sex with a trainee teacher and then faked her own rape by stuffing tights in her mouth and tying herself up, a court has heard.

Kirsty Woods, who has a history of mental health problems, was discovered crying out for help by a passerby in a city centre doorway.

The 23-year-old had been out drinking with friends when she approached a man at a bar.

The pair are then thought to have gone outside together and had sex at the back of the venue shorty afterwards.

The court heard how Miss Woods then walked to the nearby Portsmouth Guildhall building where she bound and gagged herself and began screaming for help.

Prosecutor Stephen Parish told how she sat down in the doorway and stuffed the tights in her mouth before tying her hands behind her back.

‘A group of young men saw a female lying in the doorway of the Guildhall. She was gagged and her arms were tied behind her back and she was yelling, “help, help, help.''

Detectives were promptly called to the scene and Miss Woods told officers that she had been raped.

Police launched a hunt for her alleged attacker and made an appeal in a local newspaper for information about the incident, which happened on November 29 last year.

The unnamed man who had sex with Miss Woods recognised himself in the appeal and handed himself in to police.

He was arrested on suspicion of rape and held in custody for nearly five hours but was released on bail while police made further investigations.

Subsequent enquiries and checks of CCTV in Guildhall Walk, the street where the alleged incident took place, backed up the man's story and Miss Woods was charged with perverting the course of justice.

However the victim of the bogus rape claim was forced to wait nearly three months before he was told no further action would be taken against him.

Mr Parish added: ‘A WPC conducted an experiment and tied herself up in the same way that Woods had been found.

‘She came to the conclusion that it was perfectly possible.’

Miss Woods was given a hospital order after admitting perverting the course of justice at Portsmouth Crown Court.

The order means she will receive treatment at a mental health unit in Fareham, where she has previously been an in-patient.

Judge Roger Hetherington said: ‘You must understand, and other people should too, that someone who is convicted of an offence like this will normally receive a significant prison sentence.

’It's quite obvious from the reports that you have a long history of mental ill health.’

Speaking after the sentencing, Detective Constable Daisy Sharma said: ‘This fake rape claim has devastated this young man's life.

‘He pulled out of teacher training because he was terrified that the authorities would find out he had been arrested.

‘He withdrew from friends and family and would not go out because he was worried what might happen.

‘Police take false allegations of rape very seriously, not only because of the devastating effect it can have on the accused, but also because it detracts from genuine victims.

‘Investigating incidents like this impacts on our effectiveness in investigating genuine crimes.’